Visitor Visa and Super Visa

Visitor Visa (TRV) and Super Visa

If you wish to come to Canada for a temporary purpose like a vacation, or to visit family or friends, business or for pleasure, you may need a Temporary Resident Visa, unless you are a citizen from a " visa exempt " country like the USA.

These visas may be single or multiple-entry and Currently, most visitors to Canada may visit for up to six months when they first enter Canada. Visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension, and pay a new fee.

When assessing an application for a Temporary Resident Visa, the immigration authorities will consider the purpose of the visit, sufficient funds to support the stay, and whether the applicant is likely to return to their home country at the end of their visit. However, the approval is highly discretionary on the part of the visa officer.

Super Visa :

The Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years in which eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status.

To qualify for such a visa the Canadian child or grandchild must show that they have sufficient income to support the visit, and the visiting parents or grandparents must pass a medical exam and purchase private medical insurance.

The same evaluation of the visa application will apply, as with visitor visas, such as ties in the home country and deciding of whether the parent or grandparent is likely to return to their home country at the end of their visit.

To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must :
be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,
be allowed to enter Canada and
meet certain other conditions.
Note : * You cannot include dependants in this application.